Sunday, June 13, 2010

Potty Talk

Yes, I am well aware that it's been quite some time since I updated the blog.  Life has been busy around the Edmiston household.  School, work, church, friends, family, Brandon's surgery in January, life, and potty training for B.

Speaking of potty training, can I just say that it's been a nightmare with B!!!  First, I really do feel that his hernia surgery delayed him a little.  Then it didn't help that my mom tried to train him in a weekend and the boy refused.  Thus, the bladder infection.  Also, the fact that he takes after his Daddy and is extremely stubborn doesn't help us either. He went so far as to tell me that it was fun to go potty in his pants.  How do you respond to that?!?!

Anyhow, we decided that enough was enough and we resorted to bribery.  In the form of a red truck.  I took him truck shopping and let him climb on the Power Wheels trucks.  He fell in love with a big red truck and I told him that once he goes potty then he could drive it.  I bought the truck, put it together and talked about it constantly.  I even sent a picture of it to his daycare teacher so she could bribe him too.  It worked.  It was like a switch was flipped.  He was potty trained practically overnight. 

Now that brings us to Brandon's daily conversations about going potty.  WOW!  The boy likes to talk about the bathroom.  We'll be out in public (anywhere) and he's proud to yell "I need go potty"!  LOUDLY!  I do have to admit that it's so nice to look at Jeremy and remind him that it's his turn to take a preschooler to the restroom.  It's great having a boy when Daddy is around.  The only bad thing about a boy is that B really likes to talk about going poo-poo.  The other day Jeremy was going upstairs and the kids were following him.  Brandon told him not to go poo-poo in his pants.  (This was out of the blue)  Georgia turned around and said "Brandon, Daddy is a professional.  He's 36 years old and he knows how to go poo-poo".

Out of the mouth of babes!


No comments:

Post a Comment