Sunday, January 29, 2012

Our New Adventure - The Big Move to the ATL

Well friends, of you haven't already heard, the Edmistons are moving to Atlanta. I apologize now if we weren't able to tell you in person. Jeremy had a fantastic job opportunity with his company. Although we're felling the stress now, this move is a blessing and I know the Lord has great things in store for our family.

Anyhow, I'm sitting here at DFW waiting for my flight. This will be my first official "scouting" trip. Ironically, it's my first ever visit to Atlanta. Of you know me, you know I like to be in control and that I hate surprises. This move is a very humbling experience. I'm having to learn to rely more on my friends, my family, and especially the Lord.

As I was driving home this afternoon a song touched my heart. It was most definitely a message to me from God. Matt Redman's "You Never Let Go". Boy did I need that reassurance today It reminded me that whatever I'm going through, He is there with me and He never lets go.

Three hours later, I'm sitting here at the airport getting ready to officially jump head first into this new adventure.

I'll try to chronicle this new chapter in our lives, but I make no promises. There may not be another post for 2 more years if my track record holds true. Anyhow, Jeremy and I would appreciate prayers. I'll add an official prayer request list to the blog when I get back home, but for now this list will have to do.


The Kids
We need to find the right school. We are so blessed to have them at PCA so we hope to find the best possible schools.

Friends!! The kids both have wonderful friends in Arlington. Start praying now for friendships in Atlanta. Georgia, especially. She'll be entering 5th grade next year.

The transition. We haven't had much backlash from Georgia yet, but we're expecting it. So far she seems to be taking it ok, but I know it's going to be so hard on her the closer the move gets.

Don't forget Brandon. He's got a sweet little "girlfriend" in his PreK class. He just adores her.

My job
I will try to transfer down there. I've already got some wheels in motion, but I would really like to have something lined up before the move in June/July.

The house.
Right now we don't know if we want to sell it or rent it out. If you know anyone who may be interested in leasing or buying...let us know!

Jeremy
He's traveling alot back and forth from ATL. He's also rebuilding the office down there. It is stressful for him.

Me
It's also stressful back home. Kids. Pets. Work. I don't seem to find any time for me.

My Family

Mimi and Granddad don't like the idea of the grandkids (and us) moving so far away!

Thanks is advance for your prayers! Gotta go catch this flight...at least I'm in first class tonight. :)

1 comment:

  1. Amy, we will definitely be praying for you, Jeremy and the kids as you prepare to make this big transition. It will be a great opportunity for you to bond even closer as a couple and a family. God was with Abraham as he traveled to the place God would show him - I am confident God will be with you as well. He never lets go! Love your family!

    ReplyDelete